There Is No Spoon

Example
A butterfly flew between the cars.
Marie Jose said:
it must be Chuang Tzu,
on a tour of New York.
But the butterfly
didn't know it was a butterfly
dreaming it was
Chuang Tzuor Chuang Tzu
dreaming he was a butterfly.
The butterfly never wondered:
it flew. -Octavio Paz,
translated by Elliot Weinberger-

****************
It's been one of those days, months, weeks, hours; I really can't tell, time is merging like molten glass. Monday rolling into Saturday rolling into Thursday. Minutes passing so slowly that they're almost tangible.If you could touch time, I think it would feel like melted chocolate.Have you ever felt like you're trapped in a time warp, each day exactly like the day before and a bland prediction for the day after? SSDD: Same Shit, Different Day. The instant you acknowledge this, you mind starts to entertain philosophical questions simply out of boredom and a desperate cry for meaning.

****************
I've always wondered about the mad characters in quaint little pseudo-art movies, the ones with eyes like rabid raccoons and walk around in mod clothes, sprouting poetry to street gutters. Then I realized that if you adopt slightly abnormal sleeping patterns, gobble down some cheese and mild traces of alcohol directly before you fall asleep, and minimize human contact, you turn into one those people yourself.
See, you can't understand a single thing I'm saying already.

****************
Staying up till 3 am everyday for one and a half weeks wondering about all this can't be very healthy. I can't remember all my dreams, but I know I have them because for I wake up feeling more tired than when I went to bed.And for all my trippy thoughts, I still haven't finished Romeo's poem.

Now, if you'd excuse me, I have to go change into my pj's.

0 comments: